- FRANCO CREMANTE has over 40 years of professional experience in management consulting, in finance and in new business creation. He has assisted well over one hundred clients in Europe, in North America, in Asia and Africa, and in Latin America.
- Currently, he is President and CEO of POLAR CONSULTING, a global organization active in strategy formulation, in change management and in financial services for corporate and institutional clients.
- Dr. Cremante started his career in management consulting with BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP - GENNARO and, between 1971 and 1977 he was with MCKINSEY & CO., to launch their Italian consulting activities, and managed assignments in Europe and in the USA, in the areas of business assessment, restructuring and internationalisation.
- From 1978 to 1990 he was Founder, President and CEO of INNOVA Group, a management consulting company active in all major European Countries, in the USA, in Latin America and in Japan.
INNOVA has assisted on a continuous basis clients such as FIAT, Zanussi-Electrolux, Falck, Iveco, Finmeccanica, Pirelli, Seat, Same-Deutz, Volvo Trucks, Magneti Marelli, Nestlé, Mondadori, Heinz, CISA, IMA, Black & Decker, Gianfranco Ferré, Esaote Biomedica, Montefibre, Coin, Saffa-Sarriò, Benetton, Gucci, Sava Finanziaria, Impresit, Dow Chemicals, Banco de Bilbao, La Universal, Matra, Jaeger, with regard to their strategy formulation and implementation; organization and process reconfiguration; financial restructuring; M&A transactions, and international development.
- In 1990 INNOVA was acquired by ROLAND BERGER & PARTNER (DEUTSCHE BANK GROUP) and Dr. Cremante was appointed Partner of the acquiring company (based in Munich, Germany) and Managing Director of the Milan Office. He led projects in Italy, Germany, France, Japan, Brazil, Czech Republic, Russia and Slovenia for clients such as Volkswagen, Autovaz, Skoda, Schuler, Deutsche Bundesbahn, Enichem, Agip, Autolatina, Cockerill Sambre, DKM International, Deutsche Telekom, Inchcape, Pfizer.
- Managing Director of Gemini Consulting in Italy.
- Advisory Director of Monitor Group, Europe and Eurasia (London and Milan).
- Advisory Director of Bank of America – Montgomery Securities (San Francisco, New York and London). Advisor to the United Nations (Geneva and New York).
- Member of the World Economic Forum (Davos CH), advisor to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (London and East Europe); lectures to various European Universities; serves as Board Member to selected European companies.
- Dr. Cremante has a solid humanistic background (Classics, Ghislieri College, University of Pavia) and holds a Degree in Nuclear Engineering (Politecnico of Milan).
- He holds a Business Administration Diploma from IMEDE (Switzerland) and has collaborated with the Harvard and Stanford Business School faculties in the USA.
- He is native in Italian and fluent in English, French and Spanish.
- Author of books and articles and a frequent speaker in Europe, in the USA and in Japan. He is a passionate collector of antique books.
- His wife, Sumiyo, is Japanese, and the children, Mio and Benjamin, are educated in the western and eastern cultures of the world.